Sunday, May 18, 2008

Welcome to the Spoleto Teacher Blog

Welcome to the Spoleto Teacher Blog. It is here that I will share with you my exploration of the performances, artists, and creative energy that makes the Spoleto Festival the best comprehensive arts festival in the world. What makes this blog different from others written during the festival is that it is written from the point of view of a classroom teacher searching for new ideas and methods that can be integrated into the classroom curriculum.

The primary purpose of this blog will be a place for me to share with you my experiences as I help pilot the Spoleto Teacher Program for the festival. The goal of the Spoleto Teacher Program is to offer master teachers the unique opportunity to develop classroom lessons through the comprehensive study, attendance, and interpretation of multiple performances at the Spoleto festival. As a teacher with over a decade of experience in public education, I am honored to help launch this program. It will give me the opportunity to feed my undying hunger for knowledge as a lifelong learner. I am also excited because this program is an example of a more genuine method of professional development for classroom teachers. Finally I am honored to be part of a program that encourages educators to integrate what many researchers consider to be the fourth "R" in education. The Arts!

Please return, read, and post your feedback.


No comments: